Every person on earth wants to lead a happy and joyful life. Relationship plays major role in their pursuit of happiness. There are so many article about relationship, giving tips on how to make relationship successful, beautiful, healthy, happy and so on so forth. But most of the time these tips are not as effective as they intend to be. I am not saying they don’t work, they work, but only to a certain extent. The reason being that every person is different, every relationship is different, so somebody else’s solution does not fit perfectly.
If life is box of chocolate, then moments in our relationship are the flavours that we experience. Some flavour are just perfect and some may not be to according to your taste. We enjoy the good parts, which is very obvious, but moment something bad happens, we feel like everything is falling apart. But we have to understand that not all bad phases denote a problem. Its just some rough patch that will eventually pass.
Every relationship has its highs and lows, but the sign of a healthy one is that lows are balanced out by highs.
However, there might be some situations where there is a genuine problem. We need to find them and rectify them.
Whether there is a problem or not, we should always try to keep the foundation of our relationship strong. This blog does not aim to give you a list of do’s and don’ts. The attempt is to bring your focus on the areas that generally warrant a deeper look.
The secret of happy relationship is not some mystery that requires to be solved. In my opinion the solution can be derived from the word ” RELATIONSHIP” itself. each letter signifies a core quality that is required.
- Respect: Always treat your partner as equal and give them the respect they deserve.
- Embrace and Accept: Do not try to change your partner according to your wish and accept them as they are.
- Love and care: oh, does it even require an explanation.
- Appreciation and Encouragement: Show gratitude and always encourage your partner in their “good” quests.
- Time: Invest time.
- Involvement: Equal involvement and commitment from both sides.
- Opinion: Freedom to express opinions. Listen, understand, don’t argue.
- Never Give Up: Do not give up on each other, whatever the situation.
- Sharing: Share everything – happiness, sadness, good or bad, Communicate.
- Honesty and Trust: Always be honest, no matter what and build trust.
- Initiative: Be pro-active and take initiatives.
- Patience: The key to ride out rough phases.
With these ingredients in mind, its not difficult to make your relationship happy and healthy one. After all, you two are the only people on earth who understand your relationship completely and in the best possible way. So why bother looking outside. I am not saying, don’t listen to others. You can take ideas, but in the end every step that you take should be according to your specific situation. But in order to do so, you have to always remember the foundations on which healthy relationship is build.